Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

We have Triplets...

  My doe Bella has been really putting the worry lines on my face lately. I knew the babies were due no later then March 15-18th. Well as that date came and went and Bella would pace,paw and pant I was concerned we would have one large baby. As this is Bella's first freshening this scared me.
  I had a vet out on the 20th, because Bella had been panting for hours then would paw and pace. Now most of my does have been pretty verbal about the birthing process. I did have a feeling she would not!The vet felt she would need a c-section. Now this came from only one physical palpation of her! I did not agree. I felt nature would take its course. So...
  I have a baby monitor in my barn, this allows me to know what my does are doing. Every time I would go and check her, she would be silent but still laying down in a birthing position panting. My concern was growing. But I knew she could do this. I was also certain as was my second opinion vet that she was having multiples and this was just her bodies way of getting these kids un tangled and ready in the birth canal.
  As I was arriving home from work on the 22nd in the late afternoon., I seen my husband and oldest
[she is pregnant too] heading for the barn. I knew they were checking on Bella as my Daughter doesn't get home much. So I honked and waved and pulled in by the garage.+
   As I was carrying in all my stuff through the garage and into the house my phone is ringing. I looked at it to see it was my daughter. I answered ready to give her a little funning about calling me as she was right out in the barn! Well it was my husband on my daughters phone yelling we had kids on the ground. Now mind you my Hubby is my fence, maintenance and supportive guy. But he has never been present for a kidding. It has always been me and my girls. And as my Kids get older and are now moving out, getting families and lives of their own, I knew it was time for him to step up and learn this. But that will have to be later.
  So here I am in my dress shirt, running through my house, I threw my stuff on the couch, grabbed a barn shirt out of my laundry basket I had just washed and dried the day before. I was still pulling this shirt down and wearing my black dress pants as I exited the back of the house. Not finding my barn shoes by the door I just ran out barefoot. I got to the barn just as the third kid hit the ground. The first kid, a doe was cleaned and dry, the second kid a buckling was in my daughters hands and she held him upside down clearing air ways, so I grabbed kid number three a cute little buckling. Now he was smaller and weaker but alive and trying to breath. I hung him upside down and rubbed his ribs as he struggled. He finally did come around and after a little dose of Bo-se he is doing great.
Here is a picture of the family just hours after birth.

Well, help my in welcoming my new kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog