Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wet Weather...

I hope all of you are doing well during what has been a stormy spring. I am hoping all these storms are about to leave us. It is making my life harder. With all of theses storms we have a lot of mud and standing water. Of course this mud is worse in front of the barn. It will be a job leveling all of it out after all this rain dies down.
Last year we dug a drainage trench from between the two big stalls at the top of our hill. It has helped, but the horses are not leaving the front of the barn so all this mud mixed with all their manure is making it all worse.

I had the vet out to check out my 6 new goats and to castrate a calf and goat. I also had all horses vaccinated. Then next week the vet will be back to wether all but 2 of my 6 kid goats. Then we will be saying goodbye to some of the kids as they will leaving us for their new homes.

I just bought some new herbs, tomato plants, cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower. I am hoping to at least get the herbs in the ground tomorrow and then the rest in this weekend along with some more seeds. All this rain seems to have washed away some of my seedlings and possibly rotted my potatoes!

Good day to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Hope Mother Nature will be sending your brighter, dryer days. I had 4 inches of snow and now wind that will carry me off to OZ...Keep those hooves dry...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog