Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What a hot day it is...

The humidity is really effecting everything, even us humans. I am afraid it is gonna be a really hot and humid summer. I need to get to shaving the llama and goats. It will make all this heat much easier on them.
I have gotten most of my planting done. Here is some of my gardens...
 Here is my small herb/flower garden, it is around our well head. I have some rhubarb,oregano, and then a butterfly bush and two other flowering bush.
Here is my large herb garden. I have lavender,peppermint,spearmint,basil,cilantro,lemon balm,dill seeds and parsley seeds planted. I also planted some daisy bushes in here for more color.
 Here are my two rows of tomatoes with marigolds in between each. I planted 36 tomato plants.
Here is a pic of my raised flower bed. I have a lot of flowers in here. Tiger Lilly's,a rose bush,snap dragons,dianthisis, and many more.

Here is a picture of my cauliflower,broccoli and cabbage. You can also see my rows of pas and beans and the un planted area. I will use this un planted area for sweet potatoes and more beans and peas later.









I had my daughter take some great pictures of some of the animals. so here is a little tour of our "farm".

    Here is Dillan. He is just over 8 weeks old. He is one of the two withers.
 Here is June. She is just over 1. She will be breed soon for some fall babies.






Here is Bella and Ruth. Bella is just over 1 and Ruth is 8weeks. Ruth was my only doeling born and will be retained. Bella will be breed for some fall babies too.









Here is Fawn. She is the only horned doe I have. She is just over one. She will also be breed for some fall babies.








Here is some of my chickens. You can see my turkin rooster.
Here[above] is Cotton. She was freshened for the first time this year. She had twins. A doe, Ruth and a Buck, Daniel.

 Here is my young bucks and withers. In this pic. is Daniel [brown and white buck] , Dillan he was also pictured above, and Eclipse he is another buckling.









 Here is the same pen. In this picture you can see Dillan again,Eclipse and Twilight.Twilight is one of my withers. He and Eclipse were from a set of triplets to another one of my does, Twinkle. I sold her other wither, O'Ryan.







 Here is Morocco. He is one of my new bucks. He is as sweet as they come. He will make a great addition to this farm. I am excited to see what he throws. He did a good job over at Fairland Farms.








 Her is our sweet llama, Ruby. She has been with us for three years. I love her dearly.










Here is Festus. He came to us a buck. He is not what I want from a buck so he was withered.









Here is Carmel. He was the buck that bred all of this years does. He is a good buck. He is smart, gentle and always does his job!









Here is Daisy. She is my moms horse. She will soon join the other farm we have and will be with the cows. There is just not enough land for horses here. I want to have mainly goats here.
 The is my horse Ruby. She is an Arab. I love her. She does not ride that well, but is a good companion.










 Here is Tango and Twinkle. Tango is a great milker and is a great mom.She had twin buckling's. One of her buckling was Dillan.
 Twinkle is the doe that had the triplets.She is learning to be a good milker. She has a nice pedigree and is a really good doe. Just needs to get better with handling.








I hope you all enjoyed a look at my place. I will post some pics of my baby chicks and turkeys and more of the goats later.
Good day to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog