Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

More kids...

Today we had Triplets! Our beautiful doe Twinkle delivered three beautiful boys. She must have some very dominate genes! They are all primarily black. The delivery went pretty well. The second one was a little too big. I just gently applied pressure and also kept running my finger around her vulva. It helped. She slowly delivered him. He was still in the sac, I broke it open when he hit the ground. He was breathing easily.
I am afraid her milk will take a little to come in enough for all three of these boys.This is Twinkles first freshening.  So I will probably supplement feeding her boys. Our older doe Tango is already too full for her babies to nurse so I could milk her until Twinkle could catch up.
I am a little sleep deprived with another doe showing sign of delivery yet tonight or tomorrow! So not much sleep around here!
Here enjoy this pic of the newest boys...
We are thinking of naming these boys, Twilight , Eclipse and O'Ryan. Any other ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the babies!!

    I found your blog from MaryJane's Farmgirls.

    I am hoping to move out to the country and raise goats and angora rabbits. I had rabbits in Ohio. We moved here to Texas in 2009. I never had angora, but I am interested in spinning.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog